Conditions for organizing the congress Part 3

In my two earlier post, I did mention of the conditions for host the event of congress of Esperanto. I did not realise that the rule of it, especially organising the Universal Esperanto Congress.

Look at it:

The invitation has to be supported by local government and tourist authorities.



 
If they, the organiser, can get the head of the state to officiate the event, which means they can make use of the machinery from the department of the head state office. At least, they can get the local media to publish the activities of Esperanto.

Hopefully it is not like China, they can mobilise the people and trained them to speak Esperanto but the moment the event is over, all is back to square one.

I found out that during one of the major event which was held in China, they even built a hotel named Esperanto Hotel and with all the staff  could speak Esperanto.

But today, you cannot  find Chinese speaking Esperanto on the streets. Thus, this is the question that I am asking again, what is the purpose of giving the right of the event but the result that left behind is so little.

Just wondering the 2013 UK event in Iceland, if I would have a chance to be there, I could walk comfortably on the streets and if I was lost I could use Esperanto to ask for direction. When I am in the restaurant, I can use Esperanto to order my meal.

If I have to use English to do so. I would rather not go there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ແອສປາໂຍນຊ່ວຍປະຢັດເງິນສໍາລັບປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ.