Esperanto University in Malaysia




The words keep playing in my minds for many weeks now. I think I have to write it out and someone please let the AIS know the possibility to keep Esperanto University surviving.



I have to confess that I could not fully understand the report at the Libera Folio about the AIS programme, which, perhaps might be discontinued in a few years time.

At the same time, I would like to stress that I am not a politcian and neither I am a member of opposition party. I am impartial to the political parties.

Recently I did write about an article for the Indigenous people here. I advised them to learn Esperanto and study in Esperanto University—AIS, external programme but now AIS is facing the closure.

Though it surprised me to hear that South East Asia is the largest group of people using English in the world, it does not give me a sense of accurate reason. The ASEAN countries may learn English but as using it is not true. For example, the Thai pupils, who have learnt 12 years and may not be able to speak and write. I can't tell Thai government about it. It has to be left for the Thais to do the appropriate way to save the Thai people as well as the money.

But if AIS is willing to work with Malaysian state government, it is possible to realise the work.

Malaysia is currently in political turmoil that corruption is the top agenda for people to change. But there are some states which are control by the opposition parties and this might promise some new light to get Esperanto settle in Malaysia and help the ASEAN people.

I might like to suggest to work with Penang state government as the location is ideal. It lies beside Sumatra island, Indonesia and near to Southern Thailand. This provides good location as the people of Sumatra can come by speed boat and the rail for the Thai people. Of course AIR ASIA is ideal for all the destination in ASEAN despite airasia is not living to its slogan 'Every one can fly', it is still way for the students to find means of transport.

The states which are controlled by the opposition parties are Selangor, Penang, Kedah and Kelantan. With two muslim states, that is Kedah and Kelantan, Selangor has too many universities there and Penang is the ideal location.

I wish the AIS could take up my suggestion to consider to partnership with the Penang state government. They can be work with the PDC (Penang Development Corporation) a subsidiary of Penang state government.

Of course, AIS can partnership with local colleges in Penang too. The community college in Penang now is Han Jiang College and some other private schools can do the partnership too.

AIS cannot be doing alone if AIS management thinks Esperanto is not just a language but a career for many people as well as business for the world. This would help the underprivileged groups to do better in the societies.

With my more articles which will appear in Loyar Burok, the only internet blog magazine that publishes my articles about Esperanto, the other local newspapers all banned my articles. But now there is a Medan Esperanto Group in Sumatra and could help to build up the momentum in forming colleges.

I read from the facebook that the external fees for AIS is Euro 250, it is cheaper than the local universities here and certainly is affordable for Thais and Indonesians lower class families.

I wish this is not a dream but a reality to help more people to have a university degree for better future.

P/S: My head is not functioning well as it is bumping hard. I may improve this article later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ແອສປາໂຍນຊ່ວຍປະຢັດເງິນສໍາລັບປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ.