Por UEA kaj aliaj esperantaj grupoj en Facebook

My opening paragraph for this entry is to say goodbye to the UEA and USA Esperanto FB group. I shall not be the member for not these two but also for a few which have decided to close the button of the group 'invite friends'.


I did write an entry about UEA which absurdly counting the Esperanto speakers in various countries of course, including Malaysia.

I waited for few weeks now and still see these two respected FB groups did not open the group for inviting friends to join them. They did that in the past, last year and this help me to convince many Malaysians to know how wide the Esperanto is being used.

Now, may I ask how I am going to promote Esperanto by letting people know the world body of Esperanto ? How am I going to let the people know that America do have Esperanto speakers ? And of course, for the regional ones too, the Thai Esperanto FB group is also hiding the 'invite friend' button.

Don't feel that I am aggressive to criticise the world body and others. My very question is ' AREN'T ESPERANTO SPEAKERS A FAMILY?'

If your answer is YES, why don't allow members to invite friends to join the group ?

The reasons that I leave these groups are:

  1. they are selfish organisations. These organisations are not helping keen Esperanto speakers to promote Esperanto.
  2. I cannot show people in the region ASEAN to know that how wide the Esperanto is being used. One must remember FB is a social network which has the faster way to let people know what is on and what is out. I cannot possible go to paste the group from one person to another and in the end I got reported as spamming and got banned by FB.

Now think again and this is my request. ASEAN is a region which has the organisation that is possible to push the Esperanto as one of the official language in the ASEAN organisation.

Do I have to work so hard to promote Esperanto ? I am comfortably using English and other local languages for my work and career. Don't argue with me that there is an Esperanto Association in Malaysia. What and who has to shoulder this error is non of concerned but if you like to know which organisation is being registered, check the Malaysia Registration Society Board. In Malaysia, no one can simply organise activities without permit. Don't criticise this legal act, it is left by the British, the colonial government.

As I ventured into Esperanto world, I felt many things that this group of people are doing are not really promoting and helping to save the dying languages.

What is so concerning to count the number of speakers ? Why is so concerning about the mother tongue speaker? George Soros is not borne in the crossed culture marriage but the family used Esperanto. It is a choice to choice for the language in the family. There are many Chinese in Singapore and Malaysia use English as their native tongues. Please be reminded the national language of these two countries is Malay.

In the 21st century, it is not about peace alone, there are more things to do. Esperanto is being discovered to have the propaedeutic effect and motivation effect, thus, the role of promoting Esperanto is not solely in peace. Where is the war of language is on now on this world ? With Esperanto can save billions of Euro, this is economy.

Is it wrong to let Esperanto be a part of Globalisation process ?

Pardonu min UEA kaj aliaj esperantaj groupoj en la FB, mi diru adiaux gxis viajn fermitajn la butonojn por inviti amikoj.

Final word of conclusion, the UEA is not an open minded association. I look upon this world body but it does not perform as a world body.

p/s: the counter shows that there are many visitors from America to read my blog. And I strongly believe that there are members of these mentioned associations are visiting this blog too. I have to stress that I have no ill intention to write bad about it but it is not in any way helping me in promoting Esperanto in my country. Supporters of Esperanto come in two groups, one is learning the language but the other is providing support, either moral or fund. That is my current experience. I cannot force everyone to learn Esperanto when they are not interested but they know the value of Esperanto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ແອສປາໂຍນຊ່ວຍປະຢັດເງິນສໍາລັບປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ.