Relakmu aŭ ne relakmu

It is the time for all the Esperanto Association in the world to consider this question. Should Esperanto need promotion advertisements ?

It is not one or two high authority persons to decide.

The impact of advertisement should thoroughly be studied.



I could not fully understand the text at the Libera Folio as my Esperanto is not proficiency. But, from the fact that I could understand, the two articles are now in the hot debate.

Etsuo is a business man . He knew well of the impact the need of advertisements to sell his product. Now, Esperanto will be soon 125 years and Esperanto has suffered lots of pressures in the past from the Hitler and Stalin as well as the peace movement in Japan.

Would you consider Esperanto a product ?

Would you consider Esperanto as a hobby item ?

Now, let me share with you some of my thoughts.

Joining the UEA as a member could enjoy some discount when participate in some Esperanto congress. Beside this, there is a discount in book purchasing and the year book.

Now there is an Asia Esperanto Movement (KAEM), if the Asian like me to join this KAEM, I have to pay again the membership fee. In future, there would be the ASEAN Esperanto movement and I am in the ASEAN zone, I have to pay for the membership fee again.

If you are the Esperanto speaker with minimum wage earner, you would have to consider the pocket first before joining these association as the membership does not entitle me to enjoy discount in the local supermarket when I go do purchasing.

Many commercial establishments have done that and are still doing it, at least, in my country, Malaysia. They team up with some commercial firms, like the fast food chain, KFC, MacDonald, even the hypermarket. The commercial activities may last a month or more it depends on the agreement with the two parties. The member of Esperanto Association would could produce the membership card can enjoy a certain discount.

Certainly, most Esperanto association would not be able to have thousands of members. At least, the Esperanto association can sponsor some tickets or shopping bags with the hypermarkets.

We ought to do something to create awareness for the locals to know something about what Esperanto is.

By doing so, there would be more people knowing what Esperanto is and would like to be a member in the association even though they are not going to learn Esperanto. Does it matter ? The spread of message Esperanto is achieved.

There are many products which are using the green colour too, like MILO etc. The Esperanto Association can team up with them to organise activities. They can be a sponsor for the event like sport, singing contest or writing contest etc.

Look, there are tons of way in looking for sponsorship. But my question is why I seldom see it happened?

My earlier post has touched on this issue as whether the Esperantists are creative or not. Thus I do not like to dwell on this again.

As resident in Asia region, I have to pay for UEA, KAEM, ASEAN Esperanto Federation and eventually my county or national Esperanto association membership fees. This might cost up four figure in my ringgit and if I am not an active member, I would not consider joining the UEA, KAEM or ASEAN Esperanto Federation as a member but only the local Esperanto association which I can benefit directly.

Now, UEA should consider how to make money but not merely depending on the donation. Asking money from people is harder than using your own hands to get the money.

I am not against anyone in UEA or other Esperanto associations. I am just putting my 2 cents in the development of Esperanto.

Malaysia has no Esperanto clubs nor associations. It is still a long way to go to get in touch with the world.

However, Esperantists should consider Esperanto as a product and how to sell the product is vital. If Esperanto is not progressing, the heads in the UEA should be changed.

* I do not know the political impact on Esperanto in other parts of the world. As in my country, no one knows what Esperanto is thus there is no political impact on the movement. Do enlighten me if there are political pressure for not allowing Esperanto advertisements.


Comments

  1. Mi pensas ke Esperanto ne havas monon por tio kvankam vi pravas pri la multa kosto por esti en kelkaj asocioj. Mi nur estas membro de mia landa asocio.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ແອສປາໂຍນຊ່ວຍປະຢັດເງິນສໍາລັບປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ.