English is the hardest language to learn










Will this report surprise you?



Yes, certainly, it is to me. I have to confess that I told my expupils that English is the easiest language in the world. I was so ignorance of Esperanto.

Now, this one have changed my concept about English.

English is the toughest European language to learn.

On the other hand Esperanto is the easiest classified by The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) of the US Department of State

This shocked me not much as I knew Esperanto is an easy language to learn.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Language_Learning_Difficulty_for_English_Speakers

Bahasa Esperanto ia lah paling senang di belajari yang di nyatakan oleh The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) of the US Department of State

美国的外交学院也同意,世界语 Esperanto 是最容易学习的语文。

Comments

  1. It is not "toughest European language" to learn, it just one of language difficult for _native children_ to learn _to write in_. How could you twist the truth so much? Still, in that aspect English is dwarfed by French and Gaelic, which have much, much worse orthographies.
    The choice of orthography mean nothing to a forein language learner (as long as it stands in reasonable limits: like English completely phonetic, alphabet-based one, in contrast to stupid Chinese pictures).
    The English is the simplest European language to learn and speak, and no century-dead cadaver called "Esperanto" can take its merited place.
    Hell, I cannot even pronounce the word "esperanto" properly without inappropriate efforts, and some still want to impose it on the poor people of the Earth? I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ແອສປາໂຍນຊ່ວຍປະຢັດເງິນສໍາລັບປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ.