Desperate for an Esperanto HOME

I was shocked to get invited by a group of 'highly active' Esperantists to ask for a country to be set up. I know how they love Esperanto but they have to understand that Esperanto is a International Auxiliary Language (IAL).


Perhaps, they are pressured by the people asking the native speaker of Esperanto issue. But, here again, I would like to stress that it is silly to ask for the native speakers issue in these days.

I do not know the monolingual countries how their people live and work. But I can only draw from my personal experience in South East Asia and my travelling experience in China and India.

If you take the official word that Malay language is the national language of Malaysia and further proceeded to think that all Malaysians speak Malay is falling into the trap of non critical thinking box. Any example is clear that Malay language is also the national language of Singapore but the Singaporeans, if they are not Malay, could hardly understand Malay.

Next example, if you think Putong Hua (普通话) is spoken through out the China, again you are falling into the trap of non critical thinking box. Despite the Putong Hua is the official language of China but not all Chinese speak Putong Hua as you get from the interviews which appeared in the TV.

It is the same that you could watch the TV and listen to the radios in Malaysia, Singapore that how many languages are used in the day.

The official language may not be the mother tongue language. Therefore, the sweeping statement of the British are native speakers of English is needed to changed as the information has clearly said that the Welsh language is back to their life. This kind of statement has caused the Thailand people tons of money in recruiting native speakers to teach English in Thailand and the native speakers that this country listed are Britain, America, Australia, and even South Africa. It must be a good joke.

I am very sad despite numerous times by telling the Thais people that native speakers may not be the best in the language. Drawing from the experience from China, Chinese are the native speakers of Putong Hua and Malaysians are the native speakers of Malay. But, some Malaysians are even forgo their mother tongue and Malay to take English as the mother tongue especially those live in the cities.

Therefore, my word for those who wanted a nation of Esperanto could make your home as a state of Esperanto like George Soros, despite he is a Jew but his father Mr Soros used Esperanto at home.

Of course, I could sense the frustration of these people who demand UN for a country. But I appreciate that demanding UN to list Esperanto as an official language in the meeting would be more sensible and likely to fulfill.

All the best for those who are lobbing Esperanto as a working language in EU or UN and of course I hope Esperanto would also be a working language in ASEAN.

My final words are why bother about the native speaker of Esperanto issue. It is silly to ask how many native speakers of  a language.

I am not a native speaker of English but due to the work and studies, I am almost using English in entired day at times. Am listed in the native speaker of English. For me, NO. I am a native speaker of Chinese, to be perfect, Min Nan Hua though I am few thousands kilometers away from Fujian Province in China. But I am not a Chinese, I am a Malaysian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ແອສປາໂຍນຊ່ວຍປະຢັດເງິນສໍາລັບປະເທດຂອງທ່ານ.